Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas

 

 The story of Marshall, a Christmas Miracle!

 My name is Christine and Marshall was given to me when he was 6 weeks old. He was born June 16, 2006, a Sheltie, and was a very small bundle of joy! He was so sweet, handsome and loveable that I held him constantly. I knew Marshall was a special gift from the moment he came into our family.
 
I could not believe how smart Marshall was. He became even more special as the years went by. Everyone who met Marshall loved him and almost always said that he seemed to be smiling. Not only did he have a beautiful smile but he had a perfectly silky, shiny coat of hair.
 
One night Marshall went out into the yard; however, when I went to call him in, he was gone. My immediate thought was that he had been taken by someone. We were heartbroken. We searched for him for weeks but never found him. Everyone in the family was so sad. Over the next year, they often spoke of how much they missed him.
 
I never gave up hope that I would see Marshall again. Many friends and relatives prayed for Marshall’s safe return. I believe that prayers are the power cells for miracles and I knew Marshall would come home to us the first chance he got.
 
That miracle did happen 16 months later ... a “Christmas Miracle”! Marshall was found on a very busy highway trying to find his way home, and he was still wearing the collar and tags he wore on the night he disappeared. He could have lost his life that night. The very special lady that found him kept him for two nights. On Monday, she contacted New Hartford Animal Hospital and through his Rabies tag number, they found out who he was. He arrived shortly thereafter and was finally, after 16 months, safe and surrounded by much love. The doctors and staff examined him, bathed him and comforted him while trying to contact me.

A miracle is defined as a truly astounding event attributed to divine intervention. This was a miracle. There are no other words to describe what happened. This miracle touched not only my family and friend’s lives but also those of strangers near and far.

We never know when and where miracles will happen but this is proof that they DO happen. You just have to believe, pray, and never give up hope!
 
From our staff to you:

We have been so blessed this year to have witnessed and shared many wonderful moments like this with our NHAH family. Each day is special and we love the pets and families that brighten our days. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, and peace in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment