Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Giving Tree

Hello Pet Lovers! Welcome to my new blog, Pet Talk from NHAH. NHAH is short for New Hartford Animal Hospital, my companion animal veterinary practice located in upstate NY.  My blog will share interesting and informative information about pets and their bond with us two-legged creatures.

I have seen some amazing things in my career as a veterinarian, many of which have changed my life and made me a better person. One of the most rewarding experiences has been sharing my committment to pet care with my amazing staff. We partner with our local humane societies to provide top quality medicine to those animals who have not found homes yet. My staff has recently created a Giving Tree to benefit the Stevens-Swan Humane Society in Utica, NY. The Giving Tree hosts "stars" which have pictures of pets and their "wish" for something small to make their lives at the shelter more enjoyable. Some stars are simply for donations to the humane society's spay and neuter fund. Afterall, no pet can be adopted out until they are spayed and neutered. The sooner this happens, the sooner they can find a good home!

Join me in congratulating my staff on their selfless committment to the pets in our community who have so little. May we all be as thoughtful with our "gifts" this season!

1 comment:

  1. Our staff is amazing and one of the most rewarding things about my job. We set the culture here and they enforce it. I am so thankful they care so much about helping the SSHS!

    ReplyDelete